1 The Journal of Scott Pendleton Collins: A WWII Soldier

The Journal of Scott Pendleton Collins: A WWII Soldier

Written by Walter Dean Myers

Reviewed by Derek Q. (age 11)

This book is about a teenager who gets drafted into WWII. When he gets drafted into the war his family is very scared. In the beginning of the war he arrives at Omaha beach, a deadly beach where they get bombed very bad. If you want to find out what happens read the book. Also there is a hill called Hill 203 it has a lot of artillery on that hill. If they get to the hill and surprise the Nazis they will take over or die trying. If you want to find out what happens you should really read the book.

I thought the book was good and maybe you might like it too. I really liked the book because it was about guns, tanks, and the Nazis dying and we are defeating them. My favorite part of the book was when they were at Omaha beach because that was where the most action was in the book. This book was good and sad. It made me wonder what it is like being in the war and how it feels about being shot at by panzers and machine guns.

I would recommend this book to anyone who like guns, tanks, war book and action. I would recommend this book to anyone likes reading books that have a lot of suspense in the book so READ THE BOOK. In the story this guy named Scott almost gets shot and he finds 3 German bullets in his backpack and he was scared for the rest of the day.