1 Holes

Holes

Written by Louis Sachar

Reviewed by Lance E. (age 14)

The book that I read was about a boy who was accused of stealing shoes that belonged to a famous baseball player and now he is sentenced to 18 months in Camp Green Lake. Every day Stanley Yelnats (that is the boy I was talking about) has to dig a hole that is exactly 5ft wide and 5ft deep because the warden is looking for something. But what could it be?

I liked the book because it?s got a lot of neat stuff in there. My favorite part of the book is when Barf Bag (another one who was sent to Camp Green Lake) was sent to the hospital by being bit by a rattlesnake. Another person who was also sent to Camp Green Lake is Zero. He was nice, but one day, he snapped, and ran away from Camp Green Lake. Another part that I liked is when two boys ran away from Camp Green Lake for doing something stupid and didn't come back for a while. One more part that I liked is when Zero whacked one of the warden's thugs with a shovel. It was funny.

I would recommend this book to my cousin because he likes to get into trouble, but he?s sneaky, but when he gets caught, he doesn?t like to pay the price. An adventurous person would like to read this story. Stanley Yelnats is a nice guy, the kind of guy who dosen't do anything wrong. But one day, he was accused for stealing a famous baseball player's shoes. Stanley said to the police that the shoes fell right out of the sky, but the police didn't believe him. So Stanley was sent to court and he had a choice. He had to choose to go to jail or go to Camp Green Lake. Stanley chose Camp Green Lake. He was sentenced for 18 months in a hot sun, with little water, and had to dig a hole every day 5ft wide and 5ft deep. The warden is looking for something, but what could it be? What could be out in Camp Green Lake?