1 Matilda

Matilda

Written by Roald Dahl

Reviewed by Kylie P. (age 9)

Matilda

This book is about Matida and her rotten family. Her parents don't even care about her. Matilda's brother is a bad brother because he throws her library book at her. Matilda is a very intelligent girl that has really good powers. Matilda had brain power since she was a baby. When she was about five years old she put glue on her dad's hat. She was always told that she was ignorant and stupid by her father and she wanted to get even with him. This is what happened when she went to a bad school. Her teacher is Miss Honey and her principal is Miss Trunchbull. Miss Trunchbull hates kids, and she wanted to put Matilda in the chokey. The chokey is a bad place where she puts kids when they get her mad.

My favorite part in Matilda was when she was using her powers on the Trunchbull. What she did was wrote on the board. It was cool because Matilda did it with her eye powers. I liked Miss Trunchbull the best . I like her because she acts like me. I am mean to my brother just like she was to the kids. I thought this book was really good. I would have to say this book is the best book ever. I like it because it was cool. It made me laugh and made me wish I had powers like Matilda.

I recommend "Matilda" because it is funny and makes people think they would never want parents like Matilda's. I think fifth graders could read it on their own.