1 Matilda

Matilda

Reviewed by Jesus L. (age 8)

Matilda

Do you like funny stories? Then read Matilda's book. Matilda was six years old when she went to school. Matilda had a nice teacher, Miss Honey and a mean Principal, Miss Trunchbull. Miss Trunchbull starts getting suspicious about Matilda because she had brain power and was very smart. She started getting meaner to Matilda. Then Matilda started using her powers to pay back the Trunchbull.

My favorite part was when the newt was in the glass and it tipped over. I liked it because the Trunchbull kept hollering at Matilda, so Matilda got madder and madder and she figured that she had powers when the glass tipped over. My favorite character is the Trunchbull because she`s mean and she doesn`t like lizards and pigtails. Once a girl wore pigtails and the Trunchbull threw the girl over the fence, but she was okay. This book is special because Matilda is always left alone by herself, but she learns how to take care of herself and how to read.

I recommmend this book because it made me laugh so hard. I think fourth graders and up should read this book because this book has some hard words.