1 Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps

Henry and Mudge and the Bedtime Thumps

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Sucie Stevenson

Reviewed by Kyung L. (age 8)

Henry was worried. Henry and his parents and his big dog Mudge were going to the country to see their grandmother. Henry was worried that Mudge would drool on his grandma?s dress and that he would eat her coffee table. But he was mostly worried that Mudge would have to sleep outside. When Mudge and Henry got there, Mudge mad a mess, he drooled on grandma?s dress, and knocked a bowl of peppermint off the table. Henry?s dad put Mudge outside. Mudge had to sleep outside. Henry went to bed and was afraid. He was afraid Mudge would be lonely and sad. But he was most afraid that Mudge would be asleep if Henry needed to be saved from big animals. Than Henry heard a noise, a wish,a flop. Will Henry be saved by Mudge? Will Henry and Mudge sleep together? Read this story to find out if Henry and Mudge will sleep together or Henry will be saved by Mudge.

I think that the book is a sad book because Mudge has to sleep outside. I liked the book because Henry and his parents and his big dog Mudge were going to the country. My favorite part was when they were playing outside out at the garden because it looked fun. I think the people would like this book because it is sweet at the end.