1 Tacky the Penguin

Tacky the Penguin

Written by Helen Lester

Illustrated by Lynn Munsinger

Reviewed by Elizabeth W. (age 8)

Tacky the Penguin

Do you like funny stories? This story is about a penguin named Tacky. Tacky is very funny. He is very odd. He lives with graceful companions. Tacky dresses differently and is funny. He saves his friends by acting like he usually does. How does he usually act? You'll have to read the book yourself to find out.

My favorite part in this book is when Tacky sings the song "How Many Toes Does a Fish Have?". I like this part because penguins can't sing and fish don't have toes. Tacky is my favorite character in this book because he is hilarious. Everything he does is different from the other penguins in this book. Whenever he acts silly in the book, it makes me laugh. The illustrations in this book are pretty neat! The story takes place at the North Pole or some place where it is cold and snowy. The artist uses different shades of blue so that the background isn't just white. This is a neat way of showing snow and ice.

If you like funny stories you will really like this book. Tacky will make you laugh with all the funny things he says and does. Second and third graders would have fun reading this book because the book is written for second and third graders.