1 Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl

Written by Eoin Colfer

Reviewed by Holly L. (age 12)

Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl the second is a boy who is twelve years old and is a criminal genius mastermind. He is also a millionaire. His father was on a mission and he had gotten lost when he was on the mission. Angeline Fowl was Artemis mother. When Angeline heard about what happened to her husband she had went very sick. She refused to go anywhere but her home and she hated to see the sunlight. One very close friend that Artemis had in the whole world was Butler. Butler was Artemis Fowl's bodyguard. He protected and watched over Artemis and even went on missions with Artemis. Butler worked with Artemis since he was a baby. Artemis Fowl was trying to figure out how he could find leprechaun's gold! On the Internet Artemis made a web page that said he would pay one million dollars for the first person who could tell him where the faerie healer was. The only person that answered was Nyguyen Xuan. He showed Artemis where the faerie healer was who had the book. The faerie was very drunk because she had drink to much beer and couldn?t use her power on Artemis so he went inside without being invited. Artemis said he would give the faerie a healing potion to help her revive from being drunk so much. In return he would look at the faeries book and copy some words. Later on Artemis took almost a whole day to translate the faerie words into English on the computer. The next morning he finally found what the words meant. The words were:

Carry me always, carry me well. I am the teacher of herb and spell. I am the link to power arcane. Forget me and the magic shall wane.

Ten times commandments there be. They will answer every mystery. Cures, curses, alchemy.

It was also the beginning of a very big adventure for gold.

My opinion of the book is that it was very adventurous and funny. One of my favorite characters in the book was a leprechaun named Captain Holly Short. She worked as a police leprechaun. Also she fought things like trolls, goblins, and ghouls. She was one of my favorite characters because she was very funny. This isn?t like any other book I have read because I never read a book with fantasy characters that were so funny. My favorite part was when Captain Holly Shorts boss Captain Root had gotten a piece of equipment to save Holly Short and he accidentally hit Foaly the equipment manager in the leg with a thing that made him fall asleep.

I recommend this book for kids 10 and over because their are some parts in the book that are kind of hard to understand. I also recommend this book for people who like lots of fantasy, funny things, and adventure books.