1 Tacky the Penguin

Tacky the Penguin

Written by Helen Lester

Illustrated by Lynn Munsinger

Reviewed by Arielle L. (age 7), Patrick M. (age 8) & Jessica C. (age 8)

Tacky the Penguin

Have you ever been left out of the group? Tacky the penguin has. He has five companions, named Goodly, Lovely, Angel, Neatly and Perfect. Tacky is very loud and he marches differently from the other penguins. He does splashy cannonballs and sings silly songs. The penguins are scared because the hunters are coming to hunt them. The hunters want to get rich. Tacky gave one of the hunters a slap on the back. The hunters are confused. One of the penguins get the hunters to go away. Can you guess who? To find out read the book.

We like Tacky books because they are funny. Our favorite part was when Tacky sang a silly song called, "How many Toes Does a Fish Have?" It was funny because fish don't have toes. We like Tacky because he is what makes the book funny. He does odd things that are different than the other penguins like wearing a Hawaiian shirt. This book is part of a series. We also have read, "Three Cheers for Tacky" and "Tacky and the Emperor." They all have the same characters in the books.

First graders and second graders can read this book because it is easy to read. We recommend this book to people who like funny stories and silly pictures.