1 Matilda

Matilda

Reviewed by Sam E. (age 9)

Matilda

This book is about Matilda Wormwood, an amazing 6 year old. Her father owns a car dealership and is very nasty and mean. He also cheats in selling his second hand cars. For example, he mixes sawdust with the oil so that the car runs smoothly for about 100 miles. Then after 100 miles the gears start rattling again. Another example of him cheating is that he will turn the odometer back to under 10,000 with an electric drill. Her mother is not much nicer. Throughout the book Matilda uses her brain and her mysterious powers to overcome her horrible family life.

At school Matilda has a very nice teacher named Miss Honey. Unfortunately her principal is very mean. Her name is Miss Trunchbull. For example, Miss Trunchbull will throw you over the fence by your hair. My favorite part was when Matilda paid back her father by super gluing his hat to his head.

I found Miss Trunchbull very interesting because she is so mean you can hardly believe it. Principals for elementary schools are supposed to be nice and caring. Not Miss Trunchbull!

This book is like The Twits because Mr. and Mrs. Twit are mean like Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood (Matilda's parents). It is also like The Twits because Mr. and Mrs. Twit do mean and nasty things to each other just like the Wormwood family.

I highly recommend this book because it's funny and entertaining. I think that kids from age 8 to adult would enjoy this book.