1 Hairy, Scary, Ordinary What Is An Adjective?

Hairy, Scary, Ordinary What Is An Adjective?

Written by Bronwen Scarffe

Illustrated by Jenya Prosmtsky

Reviewed by Tiffany G. (age 8)

My book is about adjectives. That is a word that describes a thing, or idea. What I like about the book is that it teaches me lots of words that I never knew were adjectives. I like this book because it teaches me a lot because the words that I am reading are rhyming like for example hairy, scary and ordinary or leaky, squeaky, ancient or new. These words for example are an adjective or adjectives. These words describe things that are funny, stupid or ordinary.

This book makes me feel excited because there are words that I never thought were adjectives. My favorite part is when they say the funny stuff in the story. The story shares with me new words and new spellings and new stuff.

What I am going to do now is I am going to describe the pictures in the book so here it goes. The pictures in the book are full of cats! But it just reminds of hairy rats. That's how I describe the pictures in the book.

The story reminds me of my life because my mom tells me to practice my adjectives like if I was practicing for school or something like that. It just drives me crazy because she tells me to do this and to do that. That's why this story is a reminder of my life.

This is a great book for kids to read because it teaches about adjectives.