1 Dinosaurs Before Dark

Dinosaurs Before Dark

Written by Mary Pope Osborne

Illustrated by Sal Murdocca

Reviewed by Tyler K. (age 7) & Saumya P. (age 8)

Dinosaurs Before Dark

One day a boy named Jack and his sister Annie were walking in the woods. Suddenly they saw a tree house. Jack and Annie climbed into the tree house. There were thousands of books. Annie picked up a book about dinosaurs. Jack grabbed the book from Annie. He opened the book and pointed to a picture of a dinosaur called the pteranodan. Suddenly the tree started to spin. It spun faster and faster. Suddenly everything was still, absolutely still. Jack ran out of the tree house. He saw a giant beast. Jack hid behind a tree. Will Jack and Annie ever get home? You can find out by reading this book.

We like this book because we like dinosaurs and mysteries. We also like the illustrations because the illoustrator drew the dinosaurs really well. We felt happy when there were a lot of books in the tree house because we like books. It reminds me (Saumya) of when I went to the Museum of Natural History in New York City.

We recommend this book to anyone that likes dinosaurs and mystery stories. This book is also part of the Magic Tree House Series. This book also teaches you about dinosaurs.