1 Maxi, The Star

Maxi, The Star

Written by Debra and Sal Barracca

Reviewed by Karina M. (age 9)

Maxi, The Star

This story is about a dog name Maxi. He is a star in a Doggie Bites commercial and he misses New York City. He was always in New York but now he had to go away for a few days to shoot the Doggie Bites commercial in Hollywood. He was the star of that commercial. The Doggie Bites commercial is about treats for dogs so they can enjoy.

The main characters are Maxi and Jim. Maxi is Jim's dog. Maxi wakes up Jim in the morning to do stuff. Jim and Maxi are best friends they hang out together all the time. Jim comes with Maxi when he shoots commercials. Maxi is Jim's companion. They travel a lot because they are famous.

The thing that happens to the main characters is that Maxi takes a taxi with Jim to Hollywood to shoot a commercial. Maxi felt nervous about going there because he never left New York before. That night they camped out, they heard a loud, threatening growl. Along came a Ranger who said, "There's no danger. We caught a big bear on a prowl!" After that they had calmed down and went to sleep.

The thing I learned from this story is that people are not the only ones that are famous. Dogs are famous too! I think this book is cool. It is not too easy and not too hard.

I think other people should read this book because it is nice. I love Maxi. He is a cute dog. The kind of reader who will like this book is a reader that likes or loves dogs. Boys and girls will like this book.