1 The Worrisome Wombat

The Worrisome Wombat

Written by Bronwen Scarffe

Illustrated by Leanne Flemming

Reviewed by Krystal M. (age 9)

The Worrisome Wombat

This story is about a wombat that worries about all his friends and what they do. His friends tell him not to worry about them. They say what they do comes naturally. My favorite parts of the story are when Wombat worries about Joey falling out of Kangaroo's pouch, when he worries about falling into the creek and when he worries about Koala falling from a tree. The lesson that I leaned from this story is that you don't have to worry about everyone and you don't have to worry about the things you do. You have to enjoy the things you and your friends do.

This story reminds me of when I worried about a ride I was going to go on. I worried about the boat we were on was going to fall when we went down the waterfall. I think the pictures were good, nice, and cool. What's unique about this book is that the animals talk and they still do what they do in real life.

I think people should read this because it is a funny book. The reason I think this book is funny is because Wombat always worries about everything.

I think the kind of reader or audience that would like this book are people that think about funny things, like how Wombat worries about all his friends when they do things. A kind of boy or girl that would like this book is a kid that likes funny and weird stories. Other kids should read this book because it teaches you that you don't have to worry about things and to enjoy things in your life.