1 Melvin Beederman Superhero the Revenge of the McNasty Brothers

Melvin Beederman Superhero the Revenge of the McNasty Brothers

Written by Greg Trine

Illustrated by Rhode Montijo

Reviewed by Markos G. (age 8)

Melvin Beederman Superhero The Revenge Of The McNasty Brothers by Greg Trine is a very funny and interesting book about an unusual superhero, named Melvin and his superhero friend, Candace. In the beginning, Melvin was in the school library helping Candace with math. While in the library Melvin and Candace hear a cry for help. It was their job to keep Los Angeles safe. As the story reads on, we find out the McNasty brothers escaped from prison with help from their sisters, the McNasty Sisters. The McNasty Brothers are out for revenge on Melvin. He had them put in prison for robbing banks. Candace was called down to the principal’s office over the loudspeaker. When she arrived, she saw the principal tied up. The McNasty Brothers captured Candace. They know Melvin will try and save her. The McNasty Brothers take Candace to the Acme Bologna Company Warehouse. In the end, Melvin arrives at the warehouse to save Candace. Unfortunately, there was 6,000 pounds of bologna in the warehouse. Bologna is Melvin’s kryptonite. It takes away his strength. The McNasty Brothers capture Melvin. Do they get their revenge? Can Melvin and Candace escape? Will Los Angeles be safe? Read this book to find out!!!

This book is hilarious and a laugh out loud book. One part of the book that I couldn’t stop laughing at was when the McNasty sisters were digging underground to get Grunge and Filthy out of prison. The bottom of the cell broke and the McNasty Brothers fell underground. McNasty Grunge was in mid-sentence when he came crashing down. The book made me feel excited because there was a lot of action and adventure . It also kept me guessing what was going to happen. For example, when Candace was captured by the Mcnastys, I was anxious to see what would happen to her. I had to keep reading and not put the book down. I also really like the main character Melvin because he persevered throughout the book. When it seemed like he was defeated by the McNasty Brothers he did not give up. He outsmarted them, and I respect those kinds of people.

I highly recommend this book because I could not stop laughing! I think children in grades 3-4 would enjoy this book because it is an easy chapter book to read. If you are a big fan of superheroes you should definitely read this book. This book is entertaining. I give a compliment to the illustrator for drawing pictures that match the book. The pictures are hilarious. My favorite pictures were the deleted scenes in the back of the book because they were hilarious. Don’t procrastinate, go out immediately and get the book so you can check out the deleted scenes and read this hysterical book.