1 Charlotte's Web

Charlotte's Web

Written by E.B. White

Illustrated by Garth Williams

Reviewed by Nehemiah F. (age 9)

Charlotte's Web

In the book “Charlotte’s Web” the main characters are Wilbur, Charlotte, and Fern. When it started to change seasons Wilbur was worried that he would be eaten during Christmas time. Wilbur asked Charlotte if she could make a plan, so he won’t be eaten. Charlotte thought and thought and finally got an idea. She told all the animals about her plan to trick Lurvey and the Zuckermans. Charlotte wanted to show the Zuckermans and Lurvey that Wilbur was “some pig”. Read the book to find out what Charlotte’s amazing plan is to trick those farmers, so they won’t eat Wilbur.

Charlotte’s Web reminds me of “Henry and Mudge” because in both books the main characters look out for each other. My favorite part was when Wilbur passed out, because it’s crazy that he passed out in front of a HUGE crowd. I like the illustrations because they look very real. I learned a lesson that if you are nice to someone they might be nice back. Lastly, I like the writing because it was very detailed and brings up a good picture in my mind.

I recommend Charlotte’s Web because you can learn a valuable lesson in some parts of the story. I recommend this book to people who like books with happy endings. In the end, some has been lost, but something new comes. I think third and fourth graders will enjoy this book the most. I also recommend this awesome book to people who like long interesting books. So far, this is one of my favorite books yet! The lesson was if you do good to someone, they might do good back.