1 Melvin Beederman Superhero the Revenge of the McNasty Brothers

Melvin Beederman Superhero the Revenge of the McNasty Brothers

Written by Greg Trine

Illustrated by Rhode Montijo

Reviewed by Brandy A. (age 9)

Melvin Beederman is a brave superhero kid. Melvin lives in Los Angeles in a tree house. Melvin flies to school almost every single day. Melvin wants to put the McNasty brothers back in prison, since they have escaped. So, Melvin needs all his power to capture villains that smell really bad. Will Melvin Beederman capture the smelly villains?

My favorite part of this book is when Johnny the Bully and the crew try to take Candace’s cape, but then all of a sudden Candace gets up and throws and fights all the bullies. I like this part because Candace acts like she can’t get up when really she can. I love the illustrations because they really show what’s happening in the story. I also like how the author really used details to describe what’s happening in the story. I could actually see what was going to happen through the author’s words. For example, when they were trying to get the cape off of Candace, but Candace got up and fought all the bullies.

I really recommend this book because it has so many details. An example is when the bullies tried to take Candace’s cape. The illustrations are also so detailed. I recommend this book to children 6-10 years old because kids will laugh when they read the book. At one point in the book Melvin tried to fly, and then *SPLAT* he fell right to the ground. It made me giggle. I loved reading this book. It was just so awesome that I did not want to put it down. I think this is a very good book for kids.