1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by Jeff Kinney

Reviewed by Aidan F. (age 8)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Greg is a boy who has a ton of problems. Greg’s Dad built a big battle field .Then Greg’s Mom made these things called mom bucks you can trade them in for real money or dollars. Greg’s friend Rowley has a birthday party and he has to get a present but he has no money to get a present so he goes to Rowley’s Birthday party with no present. At Rowley’s party there where alone kid’s at his party .They played with hide and seek and stuff. it was time to open Rowley’s presents but then Greg did not get a present for Rowley and Rowley’s dad got very mad at Greg. Greg had these people on the street called the snealls. they had a new baby every month. they always have a party for the babies they have. and they’re always trying to make the babies laugh at the party. Then they go to the sneiia’s party for the baby. the adults have to make the baby laugh. There were about 28 adults. Greg’s dad was soon up. He thinks everyone makes a joke of themselve’s doing it. Then Greg climbs a tree because Manny stole the blanket because he had an old blanket. Eventually, he gets a blanket and Greg’s underpants fall down and the bay laughs.

My favorite part of this book is when there was a battlefield and Greg’s cousin was playing on it with his trucks and wrecked. It was kind of funny because the Dad worked on it for months and it only took the cousin, a few minutes to ruin.

I rate this book a 5, the highest mark, because I enjoyed it. I always like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid because of Greg the main character and his little brother, Manny. Greg doesn’t think before he does things and it turns out to be funny. Manny does silly things too, like drawing on the walls. His ideas can be very stupid but very entertaining. For instance, he out a bell under his friend’s pillow and when his best friend, Rowley, kicked it, he broke his toe! I especially think that 5 to 12 year olds would like it because it is a really, funny drama!