The Boy with the Bronze Axe

Written by Kathleen Fidler
Illustrated by Edward Mortelmans

Reviewed by James H. (age 11)

In the beginning a brother and sister named Brockan and Kali get stranded on an island. Then a stranger named Tenko comes and saves them. Even though some tribe members dislike Tenko, he does good for the tribe. Later, a tribe leader named Lokar dies and a terrible sandstorm comes. Luckily, Tenko, Kali, Brockan, and their parents Stempsi and Birno survive. Then they go off to live a new life.

My favorite part was when Tenko killed the eagle because I really wanted to see what happened next. This book is a little like Dragon Run because they're both very exciting. Considering the setting, no this book does not remind me of something in my life. I found the character Tenko interesting because he was brave and was always willing to complete a task.

I do recommend the book because it is very exciting and the setting is very cool. A reader who likes stone age books or action packed books would enjoy this book. Something that would interest the reader would be the setting the overall plot and the action.

James H. is a student in Ms. Daigle's 5th Grade Class
2016-2017