Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie

Written by David A. Adler
Illustrated by Susanna Natti

Reviewed by Addison M. (age 8)

In Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie, Cam, Eric, and Camís parents went to see a movie called the SHOE ESCAPE! Cam and Eric wait in line to get a soda, and they hear someone scream. He was complaining about the popcorn. Then when they got to their seats the movie stopped! Cam thinks that someone stole the tape for the movie. So they go to the projection room but itís not there! Then they think that Angela Kane, an actress in the movie, stole the tape, so they go to Angela Kaneís house andÖ well youíll just have to read the book to find out what happens.

I enjoyed this book because Cam solved the mystery very easily, because she only needed two clues. I like Cam because she is a nice person. I know this because in the book Cam helps people solve their mysteries. In the text Cam says ďIíll find the tape.Ē I think itís amazing that Cam never got caught eavesdropping, spying, or trespassing. In the book when Cam is eavesdropping they donít see her.

I think readers who would like to read this book are kids around the age of 9 because it wouldnít be too easy or too hard. If you like books about mysteries, monster movies, or kids your age, this is the book for you!

Addison M. is a student in Mrs. Foglia's 3rd Grade Class
2016-2017