1 Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

Written by Betty MacDonald

Illustrated by Hilary Knight

Reviewed by Maya B. (age 8)

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

Need to cure something? Then go to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle to get better! Read the book Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty Macdonald to find out how she cures kids all over town.

To begin with, this story tells about a nice lady named Mrs. Piggle Wiggle who lives in a crazy upside down house. She likes children very much and all of the neighborhood kids like to play at her house. The story continues by telling how Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle helps parents who have children that need special cures. Mrs. Piggle Wiggle helps the mothers to not worry about their children. So Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle is like a magician to the mothers and children! Some of the cures she used in this story were the picky eater, tiny bite taker cure, the never go to bed cure, and the won’t pick up toys cure. The children learn in a special way how to behave properly.

In addition, my favorite part of the book was when Mrs. Piggle Wiggle would send a special kit to the family with a cure. The cures always work and the parents have to return all the stuff in the kit after their child is cured. All of the characters in this story changed because Mrs. Piggle Wiggle cured every single one of them! Each one was a little different depending on the cure, but they all needed a change. There are some Illustrations in the book, even though it is a chapter book. They mostly show me what the characters look like and they give me an idea what will happen in that chapter.

In conclusion, I recommend this to people who like fiction and to people who think these cures sound interesting. If you want this book, go pick it up at the library today.