1 The Hobbit

The Hobbit

Written by J.R.R. Tolkien

Illustrated by Alan Lee

Reviewed by William S. (age 9)

The Hobbit

Have you ever been asked to be something you’re not? Well Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien is put in that situation. First, Gandalf the wizard comes to Bilbo’s hobbit hole with 13 dwarves and they ask him to burgle a dragon. Then, Bilbo gets lost in the goblin caves and meets Gollum, a small creature that lives on an island in an underground lake. Bilbo finds a ring that makes him invisible. Lastly, Bilbo gets to the Lonely Mountain the home of Smoug, the dragon. In closing, you have to read this book to find out if Bilbo can rob Smoug or if he gets TORCHED

In my opinion The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien is a book you can read for hours. First of all, the author puts fantasy and adventure together. The story takes place in a world of elves, dwarves, goblins, magic, dragons, hobbits and an adventure to win back the title ‘King Under the Mountain’. In addition, J.R.R. Tolkien shows a big change in the main character, Bilbo. Bilbo starts out as a normal hobbit then turns into a master thief. Lastly, it includes lots of background detail. For example, it shows Bilbo’s life before it changed and ancestry. In conclusion, The Hobbit is a book you can’t put down and you might want to steal it from a dragon.

If you like adventure you’ll love reading The Hobbit. Do you want to steal gold from a dragon? I give this book five stars for expanding my imagination. If you like worlds of fantasy this is a book you don’t want to miss. I highly recommend The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien because it will take you on an adventure of your own.