1 Mr. Putter and Tabby Row the Boat

Mr. Putter and Tabby Row the Boat

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Illustrated by Arthur Howard

Reviewed by Joseph C. (age 8)

Mr. Putter and Tabby Row the Boat

Mr. Putter and Tabby row the boat is a fun and funny book. Mr. Putter and Tabby were sweating. Mrs. Teaberry and the dog Zeke are also sweating because it is very hot out! Mrs. Teaberry fills her hat with water and dumps it on Zeke to cool down. Mr. Putter and Tabby go on a trip to a big pond with their neighbors Mrs. Teaberry and Zeke. If you want to know about their trip to the pond, go read this silly book.

In my opinion this book is cool and fun. The main character Mr. Putter and Tabby goes everywhere with Mr. Putter. Tabby is a cat and the illustrator draws him in silly ways and in funny places. The pictures are in color and they make me laugh. Most of the pictures show Tabby outside. My favorite part is when Mr. Putter and Mrs. Teaberry share stories with each other. Mr. Putter won a wormathon and Mrs. Teaberry won 300$ and spent it all on nail polish. This is my favorite book I’ve ever read!

I recommend this book because it is silly. Tabby the cat makes silly faces in the pictures. 8-11 year old boys and girls would enjoy this book. People who like cats and dogs may also love this book. If you enjoy playing at the pond you would like this book. You will like this book because the setting is at a pond. If you like goofy characters this book is for you.