1 Thank You Mr. Falker

Thank You Mr. Falker

Written by Patricia Polacco

Illustrated by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Will O. (age 9)

Thank You Mr. Falker

In the beginning of this book, Patricia loves to read and she is getting ready for kindergarten. She is so excited to learn to read. But when she is in some grades, she couldn’t read and she was struggling with numbers too. She gets bullied and she feels dumb. Then, she moves away and thinks it would be better but it was the same thing. A teacher named Mr. Falker sees what’s happening to her. You really need to read the book to find out how he helps Patricia.

There are 3 reasons why I like the book. My first reason is when Patricia was still in pre-k, her grandfather poured honey on a book and said a good book is as sweet as honey. I think that’s true and it is special and sweet. My second reason is when one part of the book was sweet because Patricia loved to read with her family because they were together. My final reason is when Patricia stands up to the bullies and made herself look smarter. I thought she was brave and I feel like I can do that too.

I recommend this to people who like to be inspired by Patricia. I think this because she stands up to a bully and outsmarts him, too!