Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots

Written by Debbie Dadey
Illustrated by John Steven Gurney

Reviewed by Clementine C. (age 8)

In Vampires Donít Wear Polka Dots, by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones, the Bailey School Kids think their teacher Mrs. Jeepers is a vampire. In the beginning, the Bailey School Kids are mean to their teacher Mrs. Deedee. They put shaving cream in the top of her desk. So they get a new teacher, Mrs. Jeepers. Liza and Eddie think the teacher is a vampire because there are spider webs everywhere in her house and she has no bed. So at night Liza and Eddie go to Mrs. Jeeperís house. They go through the basement door. There were broken chairs and lamps. Then they found a box and they tried to open it but they could not. So they thought it was locked from the inside. The next day, Howie, their friend, found a book about how to tell if someone is a vampire. Read to find out if Mrs. Jeepers is a vampire.

Vampires Donít Wear Polka Dots is a great book. I like how the Bailey School Kids work together to solve problems. For example, they go into Mrs. Jeeperís basement to find out if she is a vampire. The author used a lot of details in the story. For example, when Mrs. Jeepers gets mad her eyes glow. I like that the Bailey School Kids never give up on each other. For example, everyone does their part and they never fight with each other.

I would recommend this book to readers who like mystery books. This story teaches you to work with each other to solve mysteries. People who like mysteries would also like this book because the Bailey School Kids need to find out if their teacher Mrs. Jeepers is a vampire. You should get the book. It is a really good series.

Clementine C. is a student in Mrs. Ciolino's 3rd Grade Class
2016-2017