1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Ethan P. (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

Winn-Dixie is a book that is funny and sad. It has adventure in it. Opal has lots of cool adventures with Winn-Dixie. You can really learn something from the lady named Gloria Dump. She is the one who has a tree with bottles hanging from it.

My favorite part is when Winn-Dixie is running around the grocery store. It was funny when he knocked down the display of oranges.

I am just like Opal. I found my dog outside a store just like Opal found Winn-Dixie outside a store. I fed him all the time. My dog is scared of lightning just like Winn-Dixie is.

I made a connection to the story when Winn-Dixie got lost. My dog got lost once too. I looked and looked for him. I finally found him. He was with a lady who was feeding him a peanut butter sandwich. Gloria feeds Winn-Dixie peanut butter sandwiches too.

If you like dogs, you will love this book. If you love adventure, then you will love Because Of Winn-Dixie. You will be proud of Opal when she says Winn-Dixie is hers, and you will be surprised when Winn-Dixie runs away. You will have to read the book to find out what happens.