1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Amber G. (age 9), Logan E. (age 9) & Calvin B. (age 8)

Because of Winn Dixie

A girl, named India Opal Buloni, was sent to the store for rice, two tomatoes, and a box of macaroni and cheese...and she brought home a dog. Her dad did not expect that surprise! Read the book to find out about the friendship between Opal and Winn-Dixie.

I'm Logan, and my favorite part is when Opal finds Winn-Dixie, because he loves animals, just like Opal does. I would rescue a dog in a grocery store, just like Opal did, even if he was creating chaos. I am most like Opal and Otis, because I love dogs, and would do anything for Winn-Dixie. He is a special furry friend that likes to smile. We all want all animals to be free. My connection is that my dog, Hailey, kind of ran away, just like Winn-Dixie ran away from Opal. We found Hailey, but if you want to know if Opal finds Winn-Dixie, then you will have to read the book.

I'm Amber, and my favorite part is when Opal got to keep Winn-Dixie. It is my favorite part because Winn-Dixie didn't have to go to the pound, and Opal loved Winn-Dixie from the start. I am most like Opal because she would do anything for a dog, even if it was causing chaos in a store. Even though Winn-Dixie was causing chaos in the store, Opal still instantly loved him anyway. My connection is with Opal, because I persuaded my mom to go to the beach, and Opal persuaded her dad (The Preacher) to let her keep Winn-Dixie.

I'm Calvin, and my favorite part is at the end of the story when Winn-Dixie ran away, but I can't tell you if they found him or not, because that would give the book away (even though that is my most favorite part). I am most like Otis because he wants all animals to be free and not in cages, and that's what I want too. My connection is with Otis. I like music a lot, and so does Otis. Otis even plays his guitar for the animals.

We recommend this book to all 3rd to 5th grade people that love animals. We also recommend it to people who like dogs. We recommend this book because it's a story about a dog. The most interesting part is when Gloria Dump shows Opal the tree with all of the bottles on it. Each bottle is one that Gloria drank. It's like she really trusts Opal enough to share her secret with her.