1 Because of Winn Dixie

Because of Winn Dixie

Reviewed by Austin H. (age 9) & Larry R. (age 9)

Because of Winn Dixie

Can you believe that a girl named India Opal Buloni got sent to the store to get some things, and came back with a dog!? Well, that is what happened. If you want to find out what happens next, you will have to read the book.

I'm Larry, and my favorite part is when Opal got Winn-Dixie the collar and leash, so that Opal would be able to take Winn-Dixie for a walk, and Winn-Dixie would really be hers. My favorite character is Winn-Dixie because he is beautiful. I like that he helps Opal meet knew people. I am most like Miss Franny Block because I like to read books just as much as she does.

I'm Austin, and my favorite part is when Opal gets a job at Gertrude's pets so that she can get a collar for Winn-Dixie. That way, if Opal ever lost Winn-Dixie, someone could return him. My favorite character is Opal, because when you are really young, you're really curious, and Opal is very curious. Also, Opal saved Winn-Dixie, and I liked that. I would have saved him too I can make a connection with Otis because I like to play songs on a guitar just like Otis does.

It's me again, Larry. I would recommend this book to people who like dogs. I think that readers would find the part of the story where Opal finds Winn-Dixie the most interesting, because it's funny when Winn-Dixie licks the store manager in the face.

Austin here. I recommend this book to my family because I would like to read it to them. I think they would find the part where Opal finds Winn-Dixie the most interesting, because they have never seen a kid do that like Opal did in this story.