1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth

Written by jeff kenny

Reviewed by Julian K. (age 9)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth

Greg (the main character in The Ugly Truth) and Rowley (Greg’s best friend) ditch each other during summer break in a huge fight and after about two weeks Greg was expecting Rowley to attempted to crawl back into their relationship but he didn’t. Not having someone by his side, someone to pull him up the steep incline from the school to his house or someone to do his work or chores is really hard for Greg. Next, Greg notices Rowley playing catch with a high school kid who works for an organization called cool Brian but then, Greg notices Rowley is with playing with another high school kid with a van that says “Cool Brian” on it so, Greg doubts that their names are even “Cool Brian”. Then Greg’s parents go to Hawaii causing Greg to stay home with his obnoxious uncle who is on the borderline of almost torturing Greg. One morning Greg wakes up so early and on the table Greg saw a book on the table that said Taking Care of Gregory and Rodrick A to Z. So then Greg knew why his uncle was acting like his mother. It was because it was the book taking Care of Gregory and Rodrick A to Z! Will Greg be able to change the strict rules in the book? Or even better yet, will Greg make it through the school year and get a new friend by his side? You’ll have to read to find out!

In my opinion, Diary of a Wimpy kid: The Ugly Truth is the book you’ll want to get in your world of reading with this mind exploding hilarious book. To start with, one night the school has a sleep over in the school auditorium so a bunch of kids go down to the music room, get Tubas and go back up to the school auditorium with the Tubas and make fart noises. Furthermore, Greg’s nemesis Fregley lives on the street Greg uses to get to Rowley’s house so Greg has to get to Rowley’s house using a nasty route. A really, nasty, smelly route. One last reason is because Greg’s mom nearly tells Greg the answers to his homework. For example, one of his homework assignments is to find out what the capital of Russia is. His mom says “The capital of Russia rhymes with noscow.”M-M-M. All in all, The Ugly Truth is an amazing book that everyone who is from second grade and up won’t be possible to take a break from reading this book and will totally enjoy it.

Do you like books about drowsy kids who keep journals and have fondness to write comics? Well if so, this is the book for you. The book Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth by Jeff Kinney is exceedingly addicting and won’t let you stop reading or put the book down. For example, Greg’s cleaning lady instead of cleaning she invited all of her friends over and watched soap operas, and that’s why I would recommend this book to ages 6 to 30.

I would rate this book with 5 stars because of the adventurous way Jeff wrote this book.

In conclusion, The Ugly Truth is an amazing book you’ll never want to miss in the library.

COMMENT: This is a great review. One question: what do you mean by " I would rate this book with 5 stars because the way Jeff wrote this book is so advantages." What do you mean by "the way is so advantages"?