Horrible Harry and the Purple People

Written by Suzy Kline
Illustrated by Frank Remkiewicz

Reviewed by Aidan F. (age 8)

This book Horrible Harry and the Purple People is amazing! This is part of a series called, Horrible Harry. The story is written mostly to entertain you. There are so many cool and funny parts. Horrible Harry imagines purple people and he is the only one who can see them. People do not believe him, not even his best friend Doug. Then strange things happen that no one can explain. One really funny part is when Harry falls out of his chair while in school. Harry is so funny that he makes you laugh throughout the book.

In my opinion I think this book is amazing. This book reminds me of myself because Harry is really silly just like me. This book is unique because it has some hard words and great details. The book has terrific illustrations that are colorful and helps the reader understand the story. This book reminds me of a time in my life when I was being silly and using my imagination. Just like Horrible Harry imagining people and places with his imagination. I found Harry being a funny and interesting character.

I recommend this book for people who like to laugh a lot! Boys ages 8-9 would love this book. Horrible Harry does weird things like in the end when heÖ wait I canít tell you that. But there is a funny part when Mary takes purple paper and makes fake purple people. Mary doesnít believe Harry so thatís why she is mimicking him. So get this book to find out the end.

Aidan F. is a student in Ms. Tierney's 3rd Grade Class
2015-2016