1 Smile

Smile

Written by Raina Telgemeier

Illustrated by Stephanie Yue

Reviewed by Tyler D. (age 8)

Smile

Have you been lonely? First, Raina falls and loses her two front teeth. Second, Raina graduates from middle school. Third, Raina makes a poster for the sophomore hop.

I have a few connections to Smile. First people don’t hang out with me a lot. I used to get bullied and I go to the dentist like Raina. My favorite part is when Raina stands up for herself. I like that part because Raina did not give up. It almost feels as if there is hope for kids who are bullied. I know that every year in school is a fresh start!

I would recommend Smile to my sister, Mya because she is just like Raina. She has earrings. I recommend Smile to my grandma because she had braces and she went to the dentist a lot like Raina. I would recommend Smile to my sister Jasmin because she used to go high school and she has braces. I would recommend Smile my mother Kim because when she went to high school she went to the dentist a lot like Raina. I would recommend Smile my brother Corey because it is a book about a girl getting bullied. I would recommend Smile to my dad Charles because he had a earthquake. I would recommend Smile to children who like books that have a bad situation. I would recommend Smile to people who like long chapter books.