1 The Berenstain Bears and the Slumber Party

The Berenstain Bears and the Slumber Party

Written by Stan & Jan Berenstain

Illustrated by Stan and Jan Berenstain

Reviewed by Maya M. (age 7)

The Berenstain Bears are at their home. When the phone rings and the phone is for Papa Bear, it is the furniture maker. When the phone is for Mama Bear, it is Grizzly Gran about a visit. When the phone is for Brother Bear, it is Cousin Freddy. When the phone is for Sister Bear, it is Lizzy. Lizzy said she is having a sleepover and she is inviting Sister Bear. She said, “Bring all of your toys.” Sister Bear told some of her friends, and soon the whole town ends up at Lizzy’s house! They went crazy drinking soda and eating popcorn. They acted wild! Go get this book if you want to find out what happens at the slumber party.

This book reminds me of when I go to a sleepover and I act crazy. My favorite part was when they were eating popcorn and drinking soda because it was funny! On a scale of 1 – 10, I would choose 10 because it is a funny book and good and nice and kind book and it is not mean at all. My favorite characters were Sister Bear, Lizzy, Anna and Millie. The characters are gentle and joyful. This Berenstain Bears book has some new characters in it that have not been in other Berenstain Bears books. That makes this book unique. I like that! The illustrator’s style of drawing was cool and careful. The book has a lot of small details. I really like the book because they learn a lesson and she cleaned her friend’s house. If I could change a part, it would be that everyone’s parents never found out that Lizzy’s parents were not home during the party.

I recommend this book to kids who like the Berenstain Bear books. Those kids might be first, second, third and fourth graders. If you like being crazy and silly, then I recommend this book to you. If one of your hobbies is acting of any kind, this is the perfect book for you!