My Rotten Red-Headed Older Brother

Written by Patricia Polacco
Illustrated by Patricia Polacco

Reviewed by Renee A. (age 8)

Do you have an older brother? I do. Patricia does, too. An older brother is hard to deal with, that I know. The book is about Patricia and her older brother, Richard (Richie). Patricia finds it hard to know that Richie can run the farthest, climb the highest, throw the farthest, sit the longest, get the dirtiest, burp the loudest, and spit the farthest. He can even pick more black berries and eat the most rhubarb. I know what it feels like to have an older sibling who is better than you at everything. My brother is the same as Patriciaís. Read the book find out what happens next!

I like this book because I can make a connection with Patricia. My brother thinks that heís better than me at everything. He says that he knows more life skills than me. I donít think so. I remember that once on April Foolís Day, Albert dumped a bucket of cold water on me in the middle of the night. The water was as cold as him. The pictures are very detailed. Oh, yeah. I forgot. Another reason that I like this book is that the pictures look like hard work [chuckle]!

I recommend this book to ME! Just kidding! I recommend this book to ages four and up. People who think that having an older sibling is hard should also read it. Albert, my brother, should REALLY read it. You should read it to. I hope that you enjoy My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother.

Renee A. is a student in Ms. Ragosta's 3rd Grade Class
2015-2016