Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days

Written by Stephen Manes
Illustrated by Tom Huffman

Reviewed by Emmet M. (age 8)

In the story, Be a Perfect Person In Just Three Days, there is a kid named Milo, and he wants to be a perfect person, because he is not perfect. In the beginning of the story, Milo is at the library looking for a book about monsters. Suddenly a book falls off the shelf and hits him on the head. The name of the book is Be A Perfect Person In Just Three Days. There is a guy on the cover and his name is Dr. K. Pinkerton Silverfish, and he thinks he can make Milo perfect. Milo does all this crazy stuff to become perfect. You will have to read to find out if Milo succeeds.

My favorite part of the story is when the book falls on Miloís head. I like this book because I can relate to the character Milo. He wants to be perfect just like me! The illustrations help me picture what is happening to Milo. I thought that the characters, like Miloís sister Elissa, didnít believe in him.

I recommend this book for people who are looking for something hysterical to read. I would also recommend this book to kids around the world who need a laugh and a lesson. I learned that no one is perfect. I also learned that you should try to be a good person because if you think about it, no one is perfect. Lastly, I just have one question, would you ever bring home a full grown gorilla? Read the book to find out if Milo becomes perfect and what happens with the gorilla.

Emmet M. is a student in Mrs. Kayser's 3rd Grade Class
2014-2015