1 The Mysterious Tadpole

The Mysterious Tadpole

Written by Steven Kellogg

Illustrated by Steven Kellogg

Reviewed by Cole C. (age 8)

The Mysterious Tadpole

In this book there is a kid named Louis. He gets a tadpole for his birthday from his uncle. Louis names him 'Alphonse'. Alphonse loves cheeseburgers! He was able to go to Louis's school every week for show and tell. He wasn't like other tadpoles though. He kept growing and growing until he grew out of his jar and into the kitchen sink! Pretty soon he fit into the bathtub then the high school swimming pool. Louis taught him to retrieve things like weights in the pool. Soon the high schoolers came and found Alphonse and ... you'll have to read the book to find out the rest!

I think this book is a great book because it is funny, silly, and fun. One of the funniest parts is that Alphonse loves cheeseburgers. The illustrations are creative and colorful. This is my favorite book and I want other people to read it too.

I recommend this book for all ages. I think this because it is silly and fun. It is one of the best books I have read in a while. Even if you're not old enough to read this yourself, I would recommend that you have someone read this book to you. It's great.