How to Catch a Star

Written by Oliver Jeffers • Illustrated by Oliver Jeffers

Reviewed by Esprit C (age 6)

There was a boy who really wanted to catch a star but he couldnít find one. He waited all morning and ate lunch and ate dinner and before he went home he saw a star. He reaches up to try and catch it but he couldnít and he uses his daddyís life preserver but itís too heavy. He even asks a seagull for help but the seagull didnít want to help. The boy reached his hand in the water for the star but he didnít catch it. He was sad but then he saw a golden star on the sand at the beach and picked it up and brought it home and was happy.

I liked the book because the boy caught a star. I feel weird because he doesnít have a name. I felt sad because he didnít find a star in time for dinner. I feel happy that he found the star in the sand. I wish I had my own star! <3

I recommend this book because it is fun. This book makes me happy. I think me and my mommy would love to read this book.

Esprit C is a member in New York Cares/Island School Reading Club's Drawing Minecraft, Cupcakes and Daisies (2014-2015)