1 Mr. Putter and Tabby Spill the Beans

Mr. Putter and Tabby Spill the Beans

Written by Cynthia Rylant

Reviewed by Matthew B. (age 9)

Mr. Putter and Tabby Spill the Beans

Do you have a clumsy pet? Then you should read Mr. Putter and Tabby Spill the Beans by Cynthia Rylant.

To begin with this story was about a man named Mr. Putter. He lives with his cat named Tabby and he has a neighbor named Ms. Teaberry. She always did things with Mr. Putter such as when they went to a cooking school to learn how to cook. It turns out the chef only cooks food with beans in it or on it. One of the foods he does that with is jello. That sounds awful! My favorite part was when Spike, Ms. Teaberry’s dog, made food fly everywhere.

In addition, this book reminds me of my cat because my cat is like Tabby, old and wrinkled. My cat is seventeen years old! I like this book because I like reading funny books. I also like other books, but this is one of my favorite series of books. Also Mr. Putter reminds me of my grandpa. He likes cats like Mr. Putter liked Tabby. I think this book is special because it reminds me of my grandpa and cat. I really like this book.

I think all kids should read this book because it’s really short and it is really funny. I like this book and you should find it at your library.