1 Judy Moody Was in a Mood. Not a Good Mood. A Bad Mood.

Judy Moody Was in a Mood. Not a Good Mood. A Bad Mood.

Written by Megan McDonald

Illustrated by Peter Reynolds

Reviewed by Pablo P (age 12)

The book Judy Moody is about a girl who doesn't want to go to school. She had a 'bummer summer' because she stayed home all summer. She doesn't want to go to her first day of school because she's worried that everybody will be wearing new T-shirts except her. She felt like she didn't do anything interesting during the Summer. But then her Dad said "You went fishing and ate a shark". Judy got so excited that she ran upstairs and grabbed a plain white T-shirt and wrote "I ATE A SHARK". After this she ran out feeling joyful.

I liked this book because I can relate to Judy. Sometimes I don't like going to school because some of the subjects are boring. I also liked this book because it's a long chapter book and I like reading long chapter books. The illustrations are really creative.

I would recommend this book to my friends because I think they would enjoy it like I do. This book is similar to Junie B. Jones. Judy and Junie are both lazy and funny. Their names kind of sound the same. I think that some people will like this book like I do.