1 Clementine

Clementine

Written by Sara Pennypacker

Illustrated by Marla Frazee

Reviewed by I.S. (age 8)

Clementine

Clementine is dealing with pigeon wars, bad hair days and her pesty little brother. Clementine calls her brother funny vegetable names like onion and rutabaga. Her mother is a still life artist and Clementine’s father works for the building she lives in. His boss says he needs to wash the pigeon poop off of the front of the building. But for some reason the pigeons won’t move. Clementine and her father try everything from putting a big cat picture and a plastic owl on the front of the building, and nothing works. She also has a bad day with her best friend Margaret. You will have to read to find out what happens between Margaret and Clementine.

I absolutely loved this book because it was funny and it tells you how the character felt. If you had to choose an award for the best character it would be Clementine because she is really funny and will make you laugh out loud. My favorite part of this book is when Clementine cut Margaret’s hair off in the bathroom. This part is the kickoff to a great story. This book is special because you will not want to put it down.

I recommend this book to 2nd grade – 5th graders because it is funny and very clearly written. Also it is great for book reports and it has good pictures too. I have read it over and over and I have never gotten tired of it. I hope you like this book if you read it.