1 Oops!

Oops!

Written by Colin McNaughton

Illustrated by Colin McNaughton

Reviewed by Claryce G. (age 9)

Oops!

This book is about a wolf that tried to eat all of the pigs in the town. Every time he tried to eat the pigs something bad happened to him. First, the wolf knocked on the pig's door really hard and the flowerpot fell on his head. Second, the pig in the house went to get something for his mother when a cup dropped on the floor. His mother got mad at him and told him to take a basket of food to his grandmother's house, the wolf was standing right next to the window. When the pig left, he slammed the door and the chimney fell on the wolf's head.

My favorite part of the story was when the pig's father started chasing the wolf with a big axe. The whole family was running after the wolf when he slipped on a banana peel. The wolf then said, "The end". This story reminds me of the "Three Little Pig's". I read the "Three Little Pig's" a lot of times and I thought it was funny.

I think the pictures in the book were funny. It was funny because when the wolf slipped on the banana peel the he fell on his head. The book also has a lot of colors like blue, red, pink, yellow, and green, brown, black and white. "Oops!" is special because the fox has red, white, and blue clothes like the American flag.

I think other people would like to read this book because it is easy to read and it is funny. The kind of reader who would like this book is a person who likes to read. The reader would learn that when you are doing something you are not supposed to do, things would not go your way.