The Silly Gooses

Written by Dav Pilkey • Illustrated by Dav Pilkey

Reviewed by Ravyn B (age 7)

The book is about two silly gooses who are funny. They are funny because they are wacky. They are also funny because the lady goose put on a fancy suit and the male goose put on a beautiful dress. The lady goose wasnít supposed to wear a suit because sheís a girl, and only a male goose can put on a suit. Also, the male goose has to wear a suit instead of a dress. Itís also funny because the lady goose and male goose threw cake at the other geese and get into more trouble.

I liked this book because it was very funny. It was funny because the lady silly goose fell out of the hot air balloon. And when they named their kids Ketchup and Mustard that was also funny because in the world nobodyís name is Ketchup and Mustard, only the stuff we name our food. I liked the pictures too because they were colorful and pretty.

I would recommend this book to my friend because she would like it. She would like it because itís really funny. She would laugh at the names the silly gooses call their kidsóKetchup and Mustard. I would also recommend this book to kids who donít laugh because I want them to feel happy and this book will make them laugh.

Ravyn B is a member in New York Cares/Island School Reading Club's Chicken Butt Book Club (2012-2013)