1 Dork Dairies: Tale From Not-So-Fabulous Life

Dork Dairies: Tale From Not-So-Fabulous Life

Written by Rachel Renee Russell

Illustrated by Rachel Renee Russel

Reviewed by C.D. (age 8)

Niki Maxwell has a deep, dark secret that can ruin her life! Her dad is the dancing, zapping school bug exterminator! The school principal called and wanted the school exterminated. “NO WAY am I telling dad about that message!” screamed Niki. But, she should have told her dad about that message. She has a big tuition and her scholarship depends on her dad being the exterminator. Luckily the talent show’s prize is a free scholarship. Can Niki win the talent show with so much competition?

I liked this book because it’s very, very funny like when Niki was so upset that she tried to drown herself in cereal and milk! But, my favorite part is when Niki’s friend Chloe gets a crazy idea of entering the talent show as dancing book worms. Zoe is my favorite character because she is described as a teen Dr. Phil in lip gloss and hoop earrings. Almost every picture is very funny like the picture of Niki comparing her dad’s three dollar canoe to a doll’s seventeen dollar canoe. This book is special because it is set up like a diary instead of a book. This book is like A Diary of a Wimpy Kid because they are both very funny and set up like diaries.

I highly recommend this book to people who like drama, comedy, and middle school because if you like any those things then you will love this book. It is a really funny even when Niki is really stressed out in drama and it all takes place at middle school.