1 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Illustrated by Quintin Blake

Reviewed by G.S. (age 8)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is about a young boy named Charlie who found a golden ticket that allowed him to go to Willy Wonka’s candy Factory. He chose to go with his grandfather Joe. Willy Wonka tours five children around the chocolate factory. Willy Wonka says he makes whipped cream by whipping cows. During the tour the children get lost. One boy named Agustus Gloop fell in a chocolate river and got sucked up a tube. After four children disappear Charlie is the only one left and then… you’ll just have to read the book to find out.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorite books because it is exiting and funny. My favorite part is when Mr. Wonka says he makes whipped cream by whipping cows. I like this part because I think it’s funny. My favorite character in this book is Willy Wonka because he is creative. Once he made a chewing gum with three different meals. I’ve read many Roald Dahl books with descriptive language like this one.

I think this book is good for readers who like funny and exciting books. I think this because Willy Wonka is funny, exciting, and enthusiastic. I also think this book is good for readers who like using their imagination.