1 The Call of the Wild

The Call of the Wild

Written by Jack London

Reviewed by Stefan N (age 12)

The Call of the Wild is a book about a dog that is named Buck. He gets kidnapped from his California home, then is thrown into the barren waste land of the Arctic. In a life and death struggle, Buck quickly learns the law of the wilderness and, in turn, conquers it ? The rest you'll have to find out by reading the book.

My favorite part of this book is when Buck defeats his nemesis in a big dogfight. His nemesis is the leader of the dog sled team. He is strong and wise with age. I like this part because it is exciting. I didn't know who would win the fight, although Buck had to win (because the book would have been over).

A strong character in this book is Buck because he's smart and able to survive without any help. His only friend is his master, who is kind to him. All the other dogs in the story are trying to survive, and they challenge him (usually only once), because he usually defeats them. However, there is another dog that Buck fights with a lot, so there is a lot of conflict in the story.

I like this story because, although it is fiction, it isn't a kid book. I also like this book because it has a surprise ending.

I think you should read this book if you like books with many characters. If you like a book with a good plot and hard words, this is the book for you!