1 Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday

Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday

Written by Barbara Park

Illustrated by Denise Brunkus

Reviewed by Keziah C. (age 8)

This book is about a girl named Junie B. Jones who ends up getting her feelings hurt by a boy named Jim. At the beginning of the book one of Junie B’s classmates is celebrating his birthday and he gets all wound up and puts cake on his head! After that Junie B. gets on the bus and tells her best friend about how awesome her birthday will be. A boy named Jim overhears her and says to her, “your parties are stupid”. She gets mad and says that she won’t invite him to her party. He gets mad too and says the same thing, but when he says it it’s very mean because his party is next week on Saturday.

I like this book because Junie B. Jones is funny. My favorite part is when Junie B. Jones fixes the toilet with her grandfather because of all the funny questions she asks him. This book reminds me of myself when I was little. I used to get into a lot of trouble just like Junie B.

I recommend this book to children aged 5 – 12 years old. I also recommend this book to people who like to read funny books.