1 Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Written by Beverly Cleary

Illustrated by Alan Tiegreen

Reviewed by Leif M. (age 8)

Ramona Quimby, Age 8

Do you like books that are realistic fiction? Well if you do, this one will blow your mind! This book is about an eight year old girl that is in grade three with Mrs. Whaley. It is supposed to be a good class, but Ramona hates it at first and has plenty of accidents. Find out what happens to Ramona and Beezus when they’re forced to make dinner and when Ramona had a big accident at school in front of her whole class. But the only question is, what will she do next?

I like this book because of all the trouble Ramona gets into, and how Mrs. Quimby gets them to make dinner. I found Ramona very interesting because she is the funniest character. She tried to put banana yogurt on salad. Ramona reminded me of myself because she always tries to improvise. Ramona changed because in the book Ramona changes from sad to happy a few times like when Ramona and her family were sad and then her dad suggested that they could go to the Whopperburger and they were all happy again.

I would recommend this book because it is very funny. Every time Ramona gets into trouble it’s hilarious like when Beezus and her were forced to make dinner they put some really weird stuff in it. I would recommend this book to kids in grades 3-5 because they could probably understand the sense of humor. I think this book would interest people because she sort of improvised when she did a book review. When she was trying to concentrate, other funny thoughts came into her mind like a commercial she once watched with a man in it that ate a whole pizza. It distracted her so much she only remembered these words, “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.”