1 The Perfect Place for an Elf Owl

The Perfect Place for an Elf Owl

Written by First and Second grade students Lane Elementary School

Reviewed by AB (age 10)

The Perfect Place for an Elf Owl

This baby elf owl mom went to get food so the baby and she can eat. When the baby elf owl gets lonely, he goes and tries to find her. But, when the wind picks up it takes him to these weird places. He meets many new owls. But, the baby elf owl thinks they are is his mother. The owls say,” You are not supposed to be here!” The wind carry’s him to weird places like the forest, the barn, the jungle, the swamp and so many more. When he lands he barely talks to the other owls until the wind carries him away.

The interesting part is that there are facts about the owls the baby elf owl meets. The facts are what the owl is named and where the owl lives. If I were a character in the book I would be the baby elf owl because he gets to go to new places he hasn’t been to before in his life. But, the only thing he was looking for is his Mama. The thing I didn’t like is when the baby gets lonely and I don’t like it when things get abanded or lonely. The funny part is when he rolls like a tumble weed. He rolls when the wind carry’s him away. This book was worth my time because it was interesting and funny, but, I already told you about the funny part. The pictures helped with the words because I would have a better idea in my head.

I recommend this book to people who like to read about owls. And to kids in first grade and above. Parents who like to read to their child at bed time will enjoy this story and maybe you will too. You will really enjoy. Do you think the baby elf owl finds his mama? You’ll have to find out! One very special thing about this book is that 2nd and 3rd graders wrote and illustrated the book in a national competition.