1 The Invention of Hugo Cabret

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

Written by Brian Selznick

Reviewed by Eithan M. (age 11)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

Have you ever tried to build something but you can't because you don't have enough pieces? Well the book Hugo Cabret is like that. The book takes place in Italy with a boy named Hugo Cabret. As a young boy his father was going to finish this machine that he found. But one night he died in a museum fire. Hugo lives in a train station and he steals from a toy booth to get parts for his father's unfinished invention.

This book is one of the best books I have ever read because it has suspence, romance and friendship through the whole book. Scholastic Press makes a lot of good books but I think this is the best book they've published. It is so unique! It is a very thick book and you think it is going to be a big read. But when you open it up it is mostly pictures that tell the story. It won the Caldecott Award for it's pictures but I rank it A+ for the story. I really like Hugo because he is just like me. He is sneaky and he is very curious. This book reminds me alot about my life. Like me it has friends, suspence and secrets.

I recommend this book for everyone because it is a really easy read and it is mostly pictures. It is a great story and also has pictures that help tell the story without words. If you want to know more about this book then you'd better go to your local library to find more about it.