Hank Zipzer Barfing in the Backseat

Written by Henry Winkler
Illustrated by Lin Oliver

Reviewed by Jensen D. (age 11)

When my Dad said we were taking a road trip to the crossword puzzle I thought my ears went wacko. Itís the last day of school-two minutes thirty seconds left. The bell rings and every body races towards the door. Right then I get ready to go out the door ďHANK ZIPZER!!! Please come to my deskĒ. Ms. Adolf my fourth grade teacher gives me a huge homework package for summer vacation. Oh man what a summer Iím going to have.

My opinion is the Hank Zipzer series is the best because they have exiting stories about him going to summer school. Each story is like his imagination in a dream but itís real. This book is my favorite because he takes a road trip to a crossword puzzle tournament and when it gets canceled Hank canít find his homework package. My favorite part is when they are at a big dinner at the Honey Bee Farm and the waitress said it's Hanks birthday but it really isnít.

My recommendation is that kids read this book if they like funny and weird books. They are a very easy read for grades 3-5 but they can contain some sad parts. You will like it!

Jensen D. is a student in Mrs. McGarvey's 5th Grade Class
2010-2011