1 Stone Fox

Stone Fox

Written by John Reynolds Gardiner

Illustrated by Marcia Sewall

Reviewed by James H. (age 9)

Stone Fox

I read the book Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner. The main characters are Little Willy, grandfather and Stone Fox.

Little Willy is a boy who is 10 years old. Little Willy lives on a potato farm with his grandfather and a dog named Searchlight. Grandfather is often playful and he is responsible for Little Willy. Stone Fox is a really big indian with beautiful Samoyeds for sled dogs. Everyone thinks Stone Fox is really mean and quiet.

In Stone Fox grandfather and Little Willy live on a potato farm. The problem in this story is that grandfather needs to pay the taxes and they don't have enough money. Little Willy decides to work a lot to get money to pay the taxes, but he can't get enough money so he signs up for a sled dog race because the winner gets $500. So you should read this book to see if Little Willy wins and pays the taxes or if Stone Fox wins and takes grandfather and Little Willy's potato farm.

I really liked the book Stone Fox. It was my second favorite book I have read. I like it because Little Willy is very brave because he entered a sled dog race for adults.

My favorite character in this book was Little Willy because he was very nice and took really good care of Searchlight, his dog.

My favorite part of this book was when Little Willy entered the sled dog race. I think that was really brave of Little Willy.

I recommend this book to kids in 2nd-6th grade because it is a great book to read!