1 Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw

Written by Jeff Kinney

Illustrated by ChadW.Beckerman

Reviewed by Brett S. (age 11)

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: The Last Straw

A middle school student named Greg Heffley is considered a wimpy kid. For his New Year's resolution, Greg tries to make his family better because he thinks they need to be perfect like him. He makes an "X" chart for his older brother Rodrick. Greg doesn't get what he wants for Christmas and he is disappointed.

Greg's dad wants him to get into sports. However, Greg doesn't want to play any sports. Greg and his friend, Rowley, make a time capsule. Manny, Greg's little brother, wears out his blanket. Greg likes to sleep after school.

In the last part of the book, there are many things that happen. First, Greg and Rowley go to the roller skating rink. Rowley gets the nickname "Slick" from some guy. The Heffleys go to the smallest house for a half birthday. Greg's mom gives Manny's blanket away to Seth Snella and Manny goes crazy for his blanket. He goes through all the presents to get it back. Greg issupposed to go to military school, but his dad says no. Then Greg meets this girl names Trista and begins to daydream about her.

I would not change anything about the book because it is great just the way it is. The ending is my favorite part because Greg doesn't go to military camp. Greg is my favorite character because he is the main character and is entertaining. My least favorite character is Manny because he gets Greg in trouble.

This story doesn't relate to my life because I am not in middle school and I am a lot different then Greg. This story has pictures which help me because I am a visual learner and they help me understand the characters. I think others should read this story because it is a good book. It is entertaining and funny, especially the pictures.